byFounders is a “for founders by founders” early stage venture fund focused on the Nordics & Baltics backed by some of the region’s most accomplished founders investing in and supporting the next generation of globally ambitious founders.
We are looking to recruit an Analyst intern to join our investment team at byFounders. This is a full-time 3-6 months internship, ideal for someone who recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree and gained initial work experience. The position will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The Analyst will work directly with the Investment managers to support the investment process including sourcing and due diligence work. The Analyst will also play a critical role in the operations of the firm, help us manage the day-to-day activities, including reporting for our investors, fund administration, event planning and other marketing activities and work on building out our platform.
The ideal candidate will have a balance of creativity and deep analytical rigor along with a passion for the technology startup ecosystem and markets.
- Assist in the venture capital investment process. Specifically, the analyst will work with the Investment manager to identify investment prospects, review pitch decks, perform due diligence on prospective companies, research industries and competitors
- Perform market research and due diligence for potential investments, which will entail financial and analytics modeling, testing products and generating industry landscapes
- Work with portfolio companies, including research projects, competitor analysis, valuation work, and platform development
- Support other operational activities associated with the firm, including marketing, fund administration and event planning
- Monitor and report on various metrics and identify areas within the fund on how we can improve our internal processes
- Identify and write industry thought leadership content for byFounders website and social channels
- We expect a tremendous amount from our Analyst, but we know it will be one of the most rewarding positions and opportunities to get started in the venture capital business.
- Passionate, Humble, and Helpful: You must be passionate about startups to do this job authentically.
- Smart and Curious: With strong analytical skills, high energy level and a deep understanding of and interest in venture capital and technology markets.
- Hungry and Driven: You must be hungry and driven, but also personable and easy to work with.
- Bachelor’s Degree, completed first year - preferably with a technical degree.
- Some coding experience and/or startup experience would be a plus.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills coupled with strong organizational skills
Think this describes you?
If you are excited about this opportunity because you love working with entrepreneurs, and analyzing businesses, then let’s talk.